When 8:30pm EST rolled around, TalkShoe was in the middle of what turned out to be a power outage. Not wanting to cancel the show, I made the decision that the show would go on in Second Life. It turned into the "Pre-Show". About 20 minutes in I got a call that TalkShoe was back up; we moved the show there and had a blast. Special thanks to Gwyn Kilby of the Republican Party of Second Life for recording the audio!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Tonight, I had Warner Todd Huston of the Publis' Forum and David Oatney of The World According to Oatney You'll also find a second recording for this week! Those who follow the show at recording time might have noticed that it did not record on schedule. Instead, we were greeted with a network timeout issue as TalkShoe was offline... how I dealt with that and the recording that ensued will be a "Pre-Show" special download this week!
Click Here to download the show. Thank you to everyone who downloads!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
We normally don't edit the show, as TalkShoe does a great job. Tonight, however, we fell victim to some technical difficulties and decided to find a way to kill the time. Here's what you didn't hear in Episode 44 at the end.
A fun show tonight! We had a lot of people in SecondLife and were joined by a few in the chat room as well! We're still looking for help with guest openers and possible designers. If you're interested, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! On tonight's show:
- PBC official: Missing ballots found and then some!
- What do the top ten cities with the highest poverty rate all have in common?
- McCain: Wall Street woes point to regulation need
- Whose policies led to the credit crisis?
- Christian Activist: Palin Energizes Some 'Faith Moms'
- General Motors' first plug-in hybrid, the Chevrolet Volt concept, introduces GM's new family of electric-drive propulsion systems
- Heads May Roll After Sex-For-Oil Scandal
- Issues guide Find out the positions of US presidential candidates Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain on key election issues.
Click here to download tonight's show! Thank you to all who participated!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Show got off to a bit of a slow start with some technical glitches but then picked up. We observed a moment of silence for those who have given the ultimate sacrifice in the service of our country and also to remember those who died on 9/11. We've come a long way since the start of this adventure! We now simulcast our show in Second Life thanks to the Republican Party of Second Life. Check out their blog/podcast at ConservativeMattersBlog.com. Also, the folks at Podlinez now have a phone number so you can listen to the show on your phone whenever you want after it's posted to the site. That number is 651-925-0682. A reminder about our "calls for help":
- We're putting out a call for guests to help us out by opening the show for us. It can be live during the show or it can be pre-recorded and sent via email.
- We're looking for someone that is more graphically oriented to help us design a logo, color scheme and layout to work with our site.
- We're also looking for feedback about the concept of East Coast Conservative merchandise.
- Sex case delayed as police witness absent
- Millions of IDs stolen from Countrywide
- Sept. 11 Marked With Ceremonies in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania
- Ike Strands Freighter in Gulf; Houston Braces
- City readies new buyback of firearms
- Russia threatens to target US missile shield sites: reports
- Quote to explore, "Jesus was a community organizer and Pontius Pilate was a governor."
- Record 13 Presidential Candidates On Florida Ballot -- Let The Confusion Begin
Click here to download tonight's show!. Thanks to everyone that listens!If you have a comment you can email it to email@example.com or leave one on the website. If you get a chance, please join us at 8:30pm EST for a recording session by visiting our Talkshoe page.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Lots of visitors tonight, including Jim from FreedomFighterRadio.net and a number of folks in the newly opened Second Life theater. Be sure to check out their shows! We welcome anyone to join us for the recording session which happens every Sunday night at 8:30pm EST. You can get more details at our Talkcast page. Want to help out with the show? We're looking for people to "introduce" the show for us... either live during the recording or pre-recorded. If you're interested in helping out, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also email if you're interested in East Coast Conservative Podcast products. Links for the articles discussed in tonight's snow:
- Day Two Of The DNC Was For The Birds
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Disgruntled or disenfranchised?
- CERN fires up new atom smasher to near Big Bang
- U.S. Unveils Takeover of Two Mortgage Giants
- Capitol Police Arrest Man With Weapons Cache
- John McCain's Acceptance Speech
A quote I found particularly important from McCain's speech:
"If you find faults with our country, make it a better one. If you're disappointed with the mistakes of government, join its ranks and work to correct them. Enlist in our Armed Forces. Become a teacher. Enter the ministry. Run for public office. Feed a hungry child. Teach an illiterate adult to read. Comfort the afflicted. Defend the rights of the oppressed. Our country will be the better, and you will be the happier. Because nothing brings greater happiness in life than to serve a cause greater than yourself." - Sen. John McCain
- Transcript of Gov. Palin's speech
She had a few stingers to deliver, here were my favorites:
"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities."
"We tend to prefer candidates who don't talk about us one way in Scranton and another way in San Francisco."
"And there is much to like and admire about our opponent. But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate." - Gov. Sarah Palin
Friday, September 5, 2008
A short comment that I wanted to put out this morning - Sarah Palin is great for this ticket and great for the McCain campaign, but let's be careful not to paint her as some kind of messiah like the Dems have done with Obama! email@example.com. You can also post comments here on the site. Be sure to listen to our regular show, recorded every Sunday evening at 8:30pm. If you miss an episode you can always download or listen to it here!